The Fisher-Bliss house. An historic Captain's House on prestigious North Water Street which has been owned and preserved with care by the Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities since 1966. Originally constructed in 1832 by master builder Thomas M. Coffin, this expansive home includes a wealth of architecturally important elements yet stands ready to be converted to the discerning buyer's Vineyard gathering place. Eleven bedrooms, eight fireplaces and gracious living areas spread over three levels. Sweeping views of Cape Pogue, Edgartown Harbor, and Katama Bay from the widow's walk - harbor views from the upper floors. The grounds include lawn and patio, shared brick driveway, and a detached barn. An ideal location within blocks of the town's center, harbor landing, beaches and lighthouse. Preservation restrictions and Historic District regulations will govern future renovations.